Here we have a project recently completed by AM Solar for a client in the Johannesburg, Kyalami area.
The project consists of a number of related but separate renewable and solar energy solutions including:
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power - Medium Scale Residential (15kw Peak)
- Solar Hot Water - incl. various High Pressure & Low Pressure systems.
- Heat Pumps - various size systems on the main house and cottages.
- BioGas System - connected to the main house & cottages.
- Energy Savings - replacement of std lights & fittings to LED & CFL.
Using SolarWorld 260W Panels in Series Strings to generate the power from the sun.
Also a 200L Solar Hot Water (High Pressure) system. All by AM Solar.
Note: All Solar Hot Water system used on the project qualified for the ESKOM Rebates.
The Grid-Tied Solar Power system makes use of the following components:
- 3x 5kw Victron Grid-Tied Inverters
- 2x SMA Sunnyboy Inverters (between PV arrays and Grid-Tie)
- 2V Hoppecke Cells (Batteries) for Backup Power.
- On-Line (Web) System Monitoring (Real Time) & Performance Analysis system.
Multiple Heat Pumps were used, all qualified for ESKOM rebates
In-Situ Cast, Puxin BioGas generator system, used for cooking in the home..
Another Solar Hot Water System used in this project.
The Installation and overall System Design, Project Management and Implementation was done by AM Solar and their partners.
Contact AM Solar for more information on this project or for technology enquiries..